SOLD! - Rare 1988 Gibson Les Paul signed '56 GoldTop Pro Showcase Edition 1956
Dec 1988 Showcase Edition
1 of only 40
Hand signed by Les Paul on the pickguard
3 owners guitar, bought in 1989 at Muziekhandel Gerritsen in Den Haag, The Netherlands and apart from the (The Who's Pete Townshend -ish) modification still in very nice condition after 31 years!
- The Showcase Edition Guitars were released back in 1988 with 9 models in total, 20 guitars per model, but this '56 gold-top was doubled in a series of 40.
- That make the total of the showcase series 200 (8x20, 1x40). The series was meant for 20 dealers only, and each of them got 1 of each model only, and 2 Goldtops, also named 'Les Paul Pro'.
- All 40 Goldtops were personally hand signed by 'Les Paul' himself on the pickguard.
The guitar features a solid one piece Mahogany body with a beautiful grain, Maple top, vintage style bouillon Gold finish, P100 pickups + a vintage 70’s Gibson PAT NO 2737842 Mini Humbucker (currently not active), quarter sawn Mahogany neck, '56 style neck and Headstock, rosewood fretboard with trapezoid pearloid inlays, Stoptail and Nashville style bridge. It weighs a solid 4.4kg and plays and sounds fantastic. Includes the original Brown case with pink lining.
This guitar shines really bright and its truly one of the most harmonic pieces of wood I ever heard. It plays effortlessly! These pickups are very well balanced and are capable of blues or high gain work without being shrill. This guitar can cut through any mix yet is versatile enough to handle studio session work. These guitars are sought after and hard to find, with only 40 in existence, this is a great opportunity to snag a guitar that has appreciated in value year over year since its debut.
- 70’s Gibson PAT NO 2737842 Mini Humbucker added in the middle (not active currently)
- switch removed in between knobs
- "3" sticker applied to the top