SOLD! - 1961 JMI VOX AC15 Fawn combo 1x12
Original VOX JMI AC15 combo's are among the world's most desired vintage amplifiers ever built.
The sound is absolutely cracking and it's volume levels are ideal for small-medium club and recording purposes.
This baby is by far one of the best sounding amps you have ever heard!! It has a super nice lively chime and ring to it and a roaring Marshall crunch in the higher volume territories. So versatile! You will not believe your ears... The chime is really open and clear with lots of mid's and a nice full sounding bass. And on top of that it is not as face-rippingly loud as the AC30, nor is it as heavy as a boat anchor... :-)
The amp is mostly original, the cabinet, chassis, tolex, grillcloth, faceplate, knobs, most electronics, Vox Celestion T530 Blue Bell speaker, JMI footswitch, power transformer and Radiospares choke. Replaced are the output transformer, few nuts and bolts, power cord, leather strap handle, cable for the footswitch and that's about it.
- VOX AC-15
- Jennings Musical Industries LTD, JMI, England
- serial 5244B
- fawn / Beige Tolex
- VOX Celestion T530 Blue Bell speaker with RIC conus, dates 18GF (18 July 1961)
- brass vents
- black faceplate control panel
- replaced leather strap handle
- brown Latticed Speaker cloth
- die cast JMI "disc" footswitch
- 4 inputs, 2 channels
- variable tremolo (pulsed volume)
- variable vibrato (wavering pitch)
- 1 x EZ81 rectifier
- 2 x EL84 power
- 3 x ECC83 preamp
- 1 x ECC82 preamp
- 1 x EF86 pentode