SOLD! - 1956-1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard Burst PAF conversion 3.8Kg
Renowned luthier Yuuki McClure of Player Grade Vintage, London, UK, has weaved his wizardry magic to breathe new life into this old Les Paul and boy, has he done a mighty fine job of it too!!
Yuuki turned an original '56 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop which was in a really neglected and sorry state into this amazing rich and snappy sounding '59 conversion which has ‘that real' Burst tone in spades. And this isn’t a common thing at all by the way! It’s a big rich sounding guitar with lots of airy harmonic overtones and a touch of hair and edge.
Specs and cork-sniffing:
- 1956 Gibson factory stoptail Les Paul Goldtop with a nice feeling neck
- Stinger on the headstock, headstock repair
- 1961-1963 Gibson purple wire PAT NO. sticker PAF spec. Humbuckers
- 1950's no wire ABR Bridge
- 1950's Short Seam Stop Tailpiece
- 1956 POTs
- 1950's Kluson single line single ring tuners
- 1950's pickup switch and R/T switch ring
- 1950's pickguard
- 1950's PAF covers
- 1980's M8 Humbucker rings
- Montreux True Historic '59 Top Hat knobs
- comes with a recent AGED Gibson Les Paul Lifton pink lined hardshell case (or a real 50's Les Paul case @ EUR 1.500 extra as pictured)
The guitar sounds incredible and has a real vibrant ring to it, lots of sustain and sounds great acoustically and through a Marshall Plexi on 11. It has great depth and has a real Burst thing going on there!
So, if you want a Burst at 10% of the price: here's your chance!