SOLD! - 1955-1959 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop conversion to Honey Burst w/ PAF’s
Beautiful 3.8Kg Burst conversion that takes you right up there with the best of the best.
* Lots of close-up and UV light pictures available upon request! *
This beast started out as a 1955 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop without cracks or breaks that was stripped when became clear that underneath the Gold was a near center seam flame maple top that would make a perfect Burst conversion.
The top was refinished in honey burst and aged with a lot of checking and craquelé, the P90's were removed and the routings were plugged and re-routed for Humbuckers, an old Bigsby snake bite and short vibrola holes on the top were plugged with maple, the wraptail tailpiece was removed and the stud holes plugged and moved to the correct position. The original finish on the back of the body, neck and headstock are still untouched and original.
To top it all off the Les Paul was completed with two original 1959 Double White PAF pickups measuring 8.5K and & 8.2K Ohm, original windings, Patent Applied For decals on the bottom, original tape on both coils and everything lights up perfectly under UV light. The original gold covers (faded to nickel) also come with the guitar, as do the original studs and bushings.
- 1959 Double White PAF pickups 8.5K and & 8.2K
- 1959 pickup covers gold faded to nickel (in the case)
- 1959 no-wire ABR-1 bridge gold faded to nickel
- 1959 short seam stop tailpiece gold faded to nickel
- 1959 studs gold faded to nickel and bushings (in the case)
- 1950's Sprague Bumblebees
- 1955 wiring harness
- 1955 R/T switch
- 1955 jack output
- 1955 trussrod cover
- 1955 strap pins
- 1955 backplates
- 1963 single ring double line Kluson Deluxe tuners
- Super Vintage Burst taper 550k pots
- High end repro M69 CAB rings, pickguard, pokerchip, jackplate and knobs49
- 1 inch vintage length steel studs and bushings